dimanche 19 mai 2013

Cobh

One day, I was at home and I suddenly decided to go to Cobh. You can go there by trains (it's direct), but I had a bus ticket to go to Monkstown,(it's the limit of my monthly bus ticket), after I had to take the ferry and walk to Cobh.
I thought It was very closed to the ferry but it wasn't :)
So I paid one euro the ferry and when I got off it I saw a panel where it was written "Cobh 3,5km".
When I was on the ferry it was little scary because the weather was bad and there were a lot of waves, I took a pictures of the view but there was fog ...

I had to walk to this city, there was nobody on the street, it was some street, sometimes I crossed some cars but not a lot. So I put my music and I song at the top of my voice : "Galway girl"from Pop feast, it was so great.


Cobh is a city in Ireland (in Irish, it's An Cóbh).
From 1850 until 1920, this city was known as Queenstown.
On 11 April 1012, Queenstown was the final port of call for the RMS Titanic.
  • Titanic experience
I saw this huge panel in the street, it is very well done.

The first place I visited in Cobh was the Titanic experience but I don't recommand you to visit it because it's expensive and small, it doesn't worth it. If you have the good luck to go to Belfast don't hesitate to visit the Titanic museum there, it is very well made.

Here is my entrance ticket to visit the Titanic experience.


On this ticket, there is the name of a person who get on this boat. I was "Mary Mangan". She embarked on the RMS Titanic the 11 April 1912 in Queenstown.


  • St Colman's Cathedral
St Colman's Cathedral, overlooking Cobh, is a beautiful cathedral. It took 47 years to build, starting in 1868 and finishing in 1915.


  • Other places

Street in the Cathedral
A poor girl who played with her ball :p
Annie Moore and her brothers
Annie Moore was the first immigrant to the United Stated too be processed at the Ellis Island Immigration Station, on 1er January 1892.
Aged seventeen, she left Queenstown on 20th December 1891 with her two younger brothers. 
The sculpture by Jeanne Rynhart on the quayside depicts the departure of Annie and her brothers.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire